Friday, June 27, 2014

Anzac v2...


Took another stab at making these. The first couple of batches turned out fine but were more a soft, chewy flapjack than the crunchy biscuits I'm more familiar with.
As my research had turned up the suggestion that cooking them for longer, at a lower temperature, produced a crisper biscuit, this was the next stage. I'd also read a suggestion that forming the biscuit mix into small balls (about the size of a walnut) and placing them on the baking tray, rather than making flatter round shapes, produced a better end result.

So, using the same recipe below, I lowered the oven temperature to Gas Mark 2 (~150Âșc) and increased the cooking time to 20 minutes.

These tweaks have done the trick - more crunch, slightly thicker, and more to my liking.

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment