Saturday, June 14, 2014

ANZAC biscuits...


One of the few things I tend to buy in bulk, when I find them on the shelves of stores, are Unibic Anzac biscuits. For obvious reasons, they only appear around about the latter quarter of the year, so I stock up when I find them.

I love the taste of these biscuits and the crunch too. Frustrated at the restricted supply, I set out to try and make my own. 
The result from using the Anzac biscuit recipe on the BBC Good Food website was good, but they turned out as a chewy bicscuit, more akin to a flapjack than the hard crunchy biscuit produced by Unibic.

I have found another recipe, which uses a lower oven temperature and longer baking time - once the current stock in the biscuit tin has been depleted, which won't be long, I will be experimenting with Anzac v2...





No comments:

Post a Comment